Crafty Purple Frog Shop

Thursday, April 7, 2022

I appreciate you


 I am back again with my card for my third class for the Altenew AECP level 2. This card is from the Color your day class. This class has made me buy a colour wheel, which I think is going to be a great addition to my creative process. I have known about the colour wheel but never thought about having one by my side to be able to just quickly refer to. I absolutely LOVE colour and am a big visual person swatching all my stash so I can see how it is going to look together before I start making. This class was so much fun and I feel like I learnt a lot.

For my card I wanted to use a stamp set which is quite new to me the Altenew Garden Delights stamp set. I have to say that this set is beautiful. It was a dream to line up and I really like the little sentiments that come with it.

I wanted to use the complimentary colours for this creation while adding in the black to make them pop. I used the 70,20,10 theory where I had red for the 70, green for the 20 and black for the 10.

For the flowers I used the following Altenew Crisp dye inks:

Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay and Burnt Red. They are all in the Martian Terrain ink set.

The leaves are Frayed Leaf and forest Glades which are both in the Green Fields ink set.

I used the coordinating dies to cut all my leaves and flowers out.


I hand drew the black frame in and added the black centres for the flowers with Nuvo Black Board vintage drops. For a bit more red I used the splatters in the Inky Bouquet stamp set. 

To finish this card off I cut a strip of black card and embossed the sentiment from the Garden Delights set in white super fine Wow! embossing powder.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Teen Self Esteem hop 2023

This is my card I have created for the Instagram  #nationalteenselfesteemhop23 A great group of crafters have come together to spread love, ...