Crafty Purple Frog Shop

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Bleaching with water and it is beautiful!

  


I am back with my next card for the Altenew AECP level 2. 

For this card I took my inspiration from the Beyond Basic Backgrounds class. I have to say I have been crafting for many years now but I absolutely loved this class! There were so many tips and techniques that I could learn from and I had so much fun making and playing with the different techniques.

But my favourite was the idea of bleaching with water. Why oh why have I not done this before?? 

I just LOVE the way it stretches your stamps as well as giving this subtle but beautiful result. I am also so impressed with how well it has kept the fine detail that is in the Altenew Quaint Blooms stamp set. I was so sure it was going to bleed over the edges and give a sort of fuzzy look. For the record you can get that look if you add more water to your stamp. It gives a different but equally beautiful look.



For this card I first blended Blueprint sketchmermaid lagoon and salvaged patina distress oxide inks all over my piece of watercolour card stock. Then using my stamping platform I lined up the Quaint blooms stamp where I wanted it and then used a sponge to apply water to the stamp. I stamped with the water about 4 times to get these images to appear this clearly. Once I had that beautiful background I did not want to cover it up too much so added the Painted Encouragement stamp set which I embossed with Gold super fine Wow! embossing powder. Before finishing it off with a few sparkly gems.

I hope you can try this technique out for yourself and I can really recommend taking the class to find out all of the other hints and techniques :D

Thank you so much for visiting this blog
Huge hugs

Amy xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

National Teen Self Esteem hop 2023

This is my card I have created for the Instagram  #nationalteenselfesteemhop23 A great group of crafters have come together to spread love, ...