Crafty Purple Frog Shop

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Hello Beautiful


This card has been made using some of the great techniques shown in the Stunningly simple watercolour techniques class from Altenew by the lovely Lydia Evans. I love the look of watercolours but hardly ever use them and in the past have not been that confident when using them so I went for this class to improve my skills and confidence. For this card I used the Altenew water colours from the watercolor essentials set. In the set you get 12 colours and a watercolour brush so you really do have everything you need other than paper and water.

There are just so many little tips and great techniques in this class. I have used the faux smooshing technique for my background. I love the freedom and fluidity this technique allows.


What you can't see very well in this picture is that I also added some Atlantis burst shimmer powder once I had added two different colours of water colour so this also sparkles beautifully.
Next I decided which stamp set I wanted to use and I went for the Wallpaper Art stamp set. I stamped the images of the flowers I wanted on to watercolour card in wow! embossing ink and then used Wow! gold embossing powder to give me the raised shiny lines. I thought about doing this with black embossing powder but wanted to try something a bit different so went for the gold and I like the contrast and shine it brings to the card.


I took my time water colouring my flower filling a petal at a time with water and dropping in two shades of red water colour making sure it was darker at the base of the petals and waiting for each petal to dry before doing any of the petals next to the wet sections.


To finish this card off I fussy cut the flowers out so I could cut along the gold embossed outline and not have any white border around them. Then I popped them up on foam pads. 
Before I stuck everything together I stamped the Hello beautiful sentiment from the Amazing You stamp set onto the background I had made in the same gold Wow! embossing powder. I made sure my back panel was completely dry before I did this and used an anti static bag to stop the embossing powder from ending up anywhere that I didn't want it.
I put the whole back panel up on foam as well then added the flowers.


To finish the card off I added some Gold Coast nuvo drops which add a bit more sparkle and balance to the card.

This card has been made to go towards my Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) level 3 I have a few more classes to go before my final assessment which will be a class. So if you would like to find out when I am am going to run my class and maybe join in with it please follow me so that you can see my future posts :)

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

National Teen Self Esteem hop 2023

This is my card I have created for the Instagram  #nationalteenselfesteemhop23 A great group of crafters have come together to spread love, ...